My mom is my favorite. She's never met a stranger, she gives generously, she has contagious joy, and she loves a good party! The more I learn about her story, the more I am blown away by the woman she is. My mom is an overcomer, y'all. She is kind, selfless, hardworking, and the best example of the woman I hope to become. And the best part is, I get to see her tonight!
In honor of Mother's Day this weekend, here are a few thoughtful ways to celebrate your mom on your wedding day!
1. Have her walk you down the aisle, too. For me, having both of my parents walk me down the aisle was a way of saying "I wouldn't be here without both of you." I know my mom really loved it, and I love those images of the three of us! Some people really want their father giving them away, and I totally get that! The next ideas are for you.
2. Display her bridal portraits and/or wedding portraits. I love the idea of having a few bridal portraits taken where you are holding a framed bridal portrait of your mother. Displaying that image alongside each of your individual bridal portraits at your wedding would be a sweet way to celebrate your mom. Heirloom wedding portraits are a beautiful way to honor all of the marriages in your family history, too!
3. Wear something of hers. It could be her veil, a piece of her jewelry, or a piece of her dress sewn into your gown or wrapped around your bouquet. Find something of your mom's that holds significance for you and incorporate it into your wedding attire.
4. Tell everyone! Give your parents a toast at the rehearsal dinner or reception. Include a note to them in your program. Find a way to publicly thank them and use that avenue to say favorite memories you have with them, things you've learned from them, or reasons they're important to you. Do this for both of your parents, and take the time to address them individually to make it that much more special.
5. Find one on one time with her. On your wedding day, it's hard to get one on one time with very many people. I love the idea of having just your mom help you into your gown and accessories before you reveal your look to your bridesmaids. Take the small moment with her that day to give her an extra hug and an extra thank you. Then do a first look with your dad for a sweet moment with him, too.
Your wedding is a day to celebrate the people in your life who helped you get there. Find a fun and thoughtful way to celebrate the parental figures in your life! And don't forget to tell the mom's you know Happy Mother's Day this Sunday!